"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"
Why do we teach Science?
- To spark the children's curiosity and encourage them to ask questions about the world around them
- To equip the children with scientific knowledge and skills
- To develop investigation and problem-solving skills
- To promote a respect for the natural world
- To empower children to make positive choices and contributions to move towards a greener future
What do we teach?
Our Science curriculum covers the three main areas of learning as set out in the national curriculum:
- Life & living processes (biology)
- Materials (chemistry)
- Physical processes (physics)
We want to give the children the opportunity to explore for themselves and therefore much of our science learning is undertaken through investigations.
Click on the link below to see the curriculum overview for Science.