On the 18th of June, the healthy eating competition winners went on a special trip to a restaurant, which was called, Mercato Metrapolitano, to make pasta. These are the ingredients: eggs, flour, tomato sauce, carrot and cheese.
This is the method if you want to try it at home:
- First of all, we used a 100 grams of flour then got an egg.
- Crack the egg and mix it in to the flour mix it ’til all the flour is gone.
- Once you’ve done that, pour some flour on to a table and roll the dough into the flour until its gone.
- After, get a rolling pin and roll the dough out try to make it as big as possible.
- Later roll up the dough like a crepe, then cut the crepe into pieces.
- Once you’ve done that, unroll it.
- Then put the water at a boiling point. When the water’s ready, put in the pasta and the tomato sauce. Finally,wait 3 minutes and there your pasta is ready.
In year 5, we have been looking after caterpillars and we’ve been feeding them. Also we’ve been looking at them and making sure that they are healthy.We put them in cup and put a lid on top. We put holes on the lid so the caterpillar can have oxygen. We put food inside the cup and let them eat and sleep. In a week or so, they will form a cocoon and eventually turn into a butterfly. When it turns into a butterfly we will release the butterflies.
By Naci Mert
On a windy Monday, some lucky children were invited to go sailing in Surrey Docks.
My body was fizzing with joy and bursting with excitement on the way to Surrey Docks. I hoped this trip would be the best yet! When we finally arrived, my partner and I were in charge of different things (on the boat). I was in charge of the sail and my partner was in charge of the steering.When the sail flaps, I needed to pull the rope a bit and when the boat tilts a little, I let go of the rope.
After a few amazing minutes on the minute sailing boat, we went on the vast boat. Here is a list of things that were different about the second, vast boat:
1.It has a much bigger sail
2.It has a special boat compass
3. As the boat is BIGGER, it has a super super super SUPER VAST sail.
After our lunch, we went back to school. I have so many words to describe my day: super, amazing,spectacular,wonderful,marvellous and great! This was the most fantastic trip I had in my whole life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On the 5th of June, an author called Billy Bob Buttons came in to school to tell us about his books and what inspired him to make books and be an author. Billy Bob Buttons’ most selling book is: I Think I murdered Miss, a story about a boy who wishes his teacher was hit by a bus and then it happens! Billy Bob Buttons used to be a secondary school English teacher and he is now a pilot as well as an author. Some of his books are Tor Assassin Hunter, Tor Wolf Rising, Gullfoss Legends and I think I Murdered Miss. Some of his books have been made into films.
He is working on a book called Mutiny’s Claw that is coming out soon. In his free time he likes to play tennis and, with his three children, he likes to play monsters.
By Nathaniel, Year 5